Bangkok trip!
Monday, June 16, 2008 / 8:59 PM
We arrived 3hrs earlier at the airport. Thats because the money sucker cabbies are going to suck 30% more on top of the fare during 5pm to 9pm on Saturday. So left with no choice, we left early!
Stayed at Baiyoke Suite Hotel. But seriously, I will not go back again, although everything was quite good. Thats because the furnitures are all too old! And it is so so so big that I feel like I am staying in a place where there will be lots lots of pests crawling around when you are sleeping soundly. BUT! The hotel is quite clean.

Breakfast provided was okay. Better than the breakfast provided when I was in Beijing. And one good thing about the hotel is that we can have our breakfast at 43 storey glass house, overseeing Bangkok city area in the morning.

I love the street food. Although it is not that hygenie, but it really taste nice. Even their fishball noodles are better than Singapore average fishball noodles. There is one particular wonton mee stall that I really like. I would rank it as one of my most preferred wonton mee :)

Nice matchsticks!
Tuk-tuk
We encountered a very funny incident with this tuk tuk driver. As there is a serious traffic jam when we were on our way to Patpong, we took more than 45mins to reach there. If we take cab, it should cost around 100plusbaht, so I suggested to dear that we should give him slightly more than 100baht(the asked price) so as to be reasonable. And my dearest and kindest darling gave him 200baht. I was like wth! And what really amused me is the tuk tuk driver's expression when he saw dear giving him 200baht.

Dont you all just miss this? Free cooking service provided when you buy seafood in supermarket!
Prawn feast!

On the 3rd day of our trip, we went to Chinatown. And so coincidently, I recognised a chinese restaurant which many Singaporeans like to go. So, we went in to have our early dinner over at Nam Sing Restaurant. It is actually a branch from Hong Kong Nam Sing. We ordered sharkfins soup, fried oysters, steamed fish with soya sauce and dong fen with scallop. The fried oyster was really nice. The oysters are all big and juicy!

My most satisfied photo taken!

Before we took the flight back to the sunny island, we had our last meal in Bangkok at the airport sky lounge. Quite a modern lounge. I had some thai food(combinations of fried rice and rice noodles) and dear had beef lasagna :)


Iced chocolate!
Bye Bye!
I will miss you Bangkok!
introduction



guestbook


wishlist

.Another BKK trip in Dec09
.DKNY watch
.A New Bed mattress
Thats all for now.

archives


credits

Designer / Mira Muhayat.
Inspiration / Martha Stewart.